Trajectory Energy Partners, a solar energy development company, is filling a Director of Construction Services position based in Illinois. We are seeking a highly experienced and dedicated Director of Construction Services and to lead our construction efforts and ensure optimal performance and management of our solar assets. As the Director of Construction Services at Trajectory Energy Partners, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing construction projects from inception to completion, and ensuring effective performance and maintenance of our solar assets.
Trajectory works with communities across the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic to develop community solar and utility scale solar projects.
- Oversee the planning, engineering, and construction of solar energy projects, including greenfield community solar projects developed by Trajectory
- Lead project management teams, contractors, and subcontractors to ensure projects are completed on time, within scope, and within budget, including oversight of third-party engineering, procurement, and construction
- Collaborate closely with Trajectory’s engineering, development, and legal teams to ensure seamless project execution.
- Implement quality, safety, and execution standards and processes to maintain an efficient construction schedule.
- Conduct regular site inspections activities to ensure the integrity and efficiency of solar installations
- Manage project budgets and resources effectively.
Asset Management and Regulatory Compliance:
- Develop and implement construction and asset management strategies to optimize the performance, reliability, and profitability of solar assets.
- Develop and manage relationships with third-party service providers and contractors for asset operations and maintenance.
- Oversee third-party monitoring and analysis of solar facility performance data, identifying and resolving issues promptly to maximize energy generation.
- Oversee third-party O&M service contractors, scheduling, and execution
- Develop and maintain asset performance reports and financial analysis.
- Ensure that all construction and asset management activities comply with relevant local, state, and federal regulations.
- Stay informed about industry standards, best practices, and emerging technologies related to construction and asset management.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including project development, finance, and legal, to ensure alignment and successful project outcomes.
- Provide input and insights into the development of new projects, considering construction and asset management requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in construction management, experience in solar preferred.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to lead cross-functional teams and contractors.
- Ability to effectively engage with a broad set of stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of solar asset management, performance monitoring, and maintenance practices.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and safety standards relevant to solar construction and operations.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
Position to work remotely based anywhere in Northern Illinois. Position will require travel across Illinois to work with landowners, contractors, project stakeholders, and other Trajectory team members on a regular basis. If interested, please apply directly on our website or email resume and cover letter to email@example.com