Trajectory Energy Partners, a solar energy development company, is seeking a creative, experienced, and enthusiastic full-time Legal Counsel to provide support to the legal team on a broad range of real estate, corporate, and permitting matters, including leasing, purchase and sale transaction assistance, contract management, title analysis, and other legal-related tasks.
Trajectory works with communities across the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic to develop community solar and utility scale solar projects. More information on the company can be found at: www.trajectoryenergy.com
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as first point of contact for routine contracts, including ground lease agreements, easement agreements, membership interest purchase agreements, development service agreements, works orders, and NDAs. Maintain library of template contracts and terms.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of databases, trackers, and calendars regarding legal tasks, project related deadlines, compliance filings, and internal recordkeeping.
- Assist in ordering real estate title commitments and coordinating with title vendors regarding the same.
- Assist in preliminary analysis of title reports.
- Support legal team in drafting and compiling entitlement, zoning, and permitting applications.
- Manage diligence data rooms for purchase, sale, and finance transactions.
- Assist in creation of schedules for purchase, sale, and finance documents.
- Assist with corporate formation and compliance.
- Identify creative and innovative solutions to increase the productivity of the Trajectory team.
- Legal experience with law firm or in-house legal department.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects with moving deadlines.
- Ability to work closely with cross functional teams, including external partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products as well as virtual data room platforms.
- Experience with due diligence and closings of purchase, sale, and finance transactions.
- Experience with real estate matters, including title reports, real property deeds, and encumbrances.
Position to work remotely—strong preference for an Illinois-based individual, but alternative locations will be considered for exceptional candidates. If interested, please email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.