Trajectory Energy Partners, a solar energy development company, is seeking a creative, experienced, and enthusiastic full-time Legal Counsel to provide support to the legal team on a broad range of project development and operational matters.
Trajectory works with communities across the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic to develop community solar and utility scale solar projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Project origination and development, including negotiation of site leases, analysis of and application for state program incentives, and assistance with permitting.
- Assistance with project engineering, procurement, construction and operations documentation and processes, and community solar subscription origination.
- Manage internal systems and databases regarding the foregoing.
- Identifying creative and innovative solutions to increase the productivity of the Trajectory team.
- J.D. from an accredited law school and strong academic credentials. Licensed to practice law and in good standing in at least one state.
- At least 3 years of legal experience with a law firm or in-house legal department in the area of renewables and/or project finance.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and team members with moving deadlines.
- Ability to work closely with cross functional teams, including external partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products as well as virtual data room platforms.
- Occasional travel, including to our Chicago, IL office and project sites in other states, may be required.
Strong preference for a Washington, DC or Virginia-based individual, but alternative locations will be considered for exceptional candidates. Salary and benefits to be commensurate with location and experience. If interested, please apply directly through our LinkedIn, website or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.