Project Development Manager
Trajectory Energy Partners, a solar energy development company, is filling a Project Development Manager position based in Southern Illinois. This position will focus on (i) identifying and evaluating potential solar project sites, and (ii) working with landowners to finalize solar leases for their land, and (iii) the zoning process for solar projects.
Trajectory works with communities across the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic to develop community solar and utility scale solar projects. More information on the company can be found here.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead initial outreach to landowners of potential solar sites through targeted mailings and community engagement.
- Negotiate and finalize solar leases with landowners.
- Work with landowners and local officials on zoning efforts for solar projects.
- Mapping and GIS analysis to identify potential solar project sites.
- Due diligence of potential project sites from a resource, environmental, permitting, land, constructability, cost, community receptivity, and interconnection perspective.
- Support the management of third-party diligence consultants on solar sites.
- Support project financing, including related due diligence.
- Regular travel to work with landowners and local officials on solar projects. Travel will focus on Southern Illinois, but includes work across the state.
Experience and Background:
- Experience working with landowners on solar leases or other similar sales experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with ability to distill complex technical, legal, and financial subjects into commercial practicality.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and Google Earth preferred.
- Knowledge of energy or renewable energy development.
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Airtable, Salesforce, or other database and/or CRM software.
- Confirmed ability to work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in project management.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
Position to work remotely based anywhere in Southern Illinois. Travel across Illinois and other Midwest states to work with landowners, local officials, and meet with other Trajectory team members on a regular basis. If interested, please apply on this page or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.