Trajectory Energy Partners, a solar energy development company, is filling a Solar Design Analyst position. We are seeking an organized, proactive, goal-oriented, and efficient analyst to join our dynamic team.
- Develop PV layouts in accordance with land characteristics, permitting constraints, and optimizing for energy harvest, constructability, price efficiency, and long-term operation.
- Maintain an organized and clearly documented set of project specific technical deliverables.
- Design projects according to the Trajectory Design Standards and train new employees on the standards.
- Create energy models for community solar scale arrays utilizing PVSYST and Helioscope.
- Provide technical support to the Trajectory development team for the entire life cycle of a project including development, permitting, construction and asset management phases.
- Participate in our continuous improvement environment, specifically focusing on improving training materials on Trajectory Design Standards.
- Support management of outside engineering firms in development of project deliverables.
- Perform site visits for project assessment and feasibility.
- Support utility interconnection and permitting application processes.
- Develop proficiency in the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other applicable state and local codes.
- Additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
- Degree in environmental sciences/engineering or equivalent educational/certification background preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in utility scale PV system design required | 3+ years of experience in PV system design and engineering preferred.
- AutoCAD proficiency required.
- PVSYST, Helios 3D, PVCAD, & ArcGIS software proficiency preferred.
- Intermediate understanding of design decision impact on project cost.
- Knowledge of electrical principles preferred.
- Knowledge of industry standard design codes such as NEC, International Building Code, International Fire Code and other standards relevant to the industry preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently.
Position based in the Chicago area. Trajectory has an office in Chicago, but work from home is flexible and most employees have a hybrid work schedule. Travel across Illinois and other states to work with community leaders and local officials, and meet with other Trajectory team members on a regular basis.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience.