Trajectory Energy Partners, a solar energy development company, is seeking a highly motivated and talented Transaction Associate to join our team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in our solar development activities, focusing on transaction strategy and execution, project due diligence and program compliance. You will work closely with our senior management, project teams, and external stakeholders to ensure the successful development and execution of solar projects across our portfolio.
Trajectory works with communities across the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic to develop community solar and utility scale solar projects.
- Assist in the development and execution of a project transaction and finance strategy, including identifying potential opportunities, conducting market research, and evaluating financial viability.
- Analyze project diligence, review financial models and commercial terms, and ensure projects meet internal company criteria and market standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless coordination throughout the project sale process
- Ensure compliance with incentive program requirements, staying up-to-date with evolving policies and guidelines, and contributing to company engagement on critical policy issues;
- Support the negotiation and structuring of contracts, agreements, and other solar transaction documents.
- Assist in managing relationships with key external partners, such as lenders, investors, and government agencies, fostering strong business relationships and promoting the company’s interests.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in renewable energy project development, investment banking, consulting, or related fields.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate financial models, conduct due diligence, and assess project feasibility.
- Familiarity with renewable energy project financing and transaction structures.
- Knowledge of solar energy market dynamics, regulatory frameworks, and industry best practices.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-driven, proactive, and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for renewable energy and a commitment to driving the clean energy transition.
Position based in Chicago or Washington DC area. Trajectory has an office in Chicago and Washington DC, but work from home multiple days a week is flexible and dependent on where applicant lives. Occasional travel to work with Trajectory team members, attend conferences, and work with other business partners is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
If interested, please apply directly through our LinkedIn, website, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.